Date:      Sat, 1 Jan 2000 23:29:11 -0800
From:      "nat" <nat@java-fan.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   change the TCP Receive Window setting (in order to increase speed of cable modem)

I previously had my cable modem hooked up to a
windows machine until i realized that FreeBSD could
be a router.
For windows they had a registry setting in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\MSTCP
and when you changed the TCP Recieve Window
setting to 32767 it supposedly made a difference in
speed w/your cable modem. This made a difference
in my windows machine, so i would like to do the same
in my FreeBSD machine.
Can you help me with this?
Im running FreeBSD 3.2-Release w/2 nics (de0, and de1)

I assume it is a setting in /etc/rc.conf.

Please help,

nat