Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2007 22:03:30 -0600
From:      "eBoundHost: Artur" <artur@eboundhost.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [OT] who wrote this

>Lets also remember that history is written by the victors,=20
>which means they LIE!
>neal.

Wow neal, that's very nice of you.  are you saying that hitler didn't do =
any of these things?  I'm not even going to respond to you here, just =
going to re-post your words to show that there are still people like you =
out there...

And as far as your sage to the moon quote, don't think too much of your =
own sagedom, there is always someone younger and smarter.  You would be =
better off being a little less "sagy" and a bit nicer.

Now to the rest of you who are for some reason turning this into a =
Censorship issue.  It's not.  I'm asking to replace the text on the HTML =
front page with a completely unnecessary reference to hitler.  We're not =
talking about pruning the quotes database for controversial speakers.  =
having hitlers name there does nothing positive for the project and =
polarizes the viewing audience because it offends the vast majority of =
people, 99% of whom are not going to spend an evening writing to a =
mailing list to have the issue fixed. They won't think about the deep =
philosophical reasons why this should be there in principle.  They are =
going to read the page and think to themselves that the freebsd =
community are a bunch of jerks.=20

There are far better ways to express the thought than by simply saying =
"hitler quotes".  For instance it can be replaced with "controversial =
persons" or something similar.  He was not the only such person in =
history, so we should not be focusing only on him.

Best Regards,

Artur
eBoundHost.com
http://www.eboundhost.com