Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:22:44 -0500
From:      "Sandro Mancuso" <sandromancuso@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   boot GENERIC won't work, after kernel panic on startup for new kernel

I spent all of last night making a new kernel.  I thought it was
perfect.  I was wrong.  I get a message about the cpu class not being
configured (I'm guessing the old Cyrix cpu's didn't fall under 586?)

In the handbook, it says that in such a situation, you can fall into
single user mode and use the command "boot GENERIC" (or any other kernel
of course).  However when I do this I get a message like this:

Can't boot 'GENERIC', kernel module already loaded

Any ideas on how I can salvage this?

-Sandro