Date:      Sat, 18 Sep 1999 07:07:06 -0000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Joe Pepin" <joe_pepin@ins.com>
Cc:        <newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: since it's a newbies list, here goes....

I think one point that needs to be brought up here is the issue of resource
requirements.
I personally have not used VVMware, so I may be talking out of class, but I
have used other
emulators and I've read many reports of VMware and while it certainly seems
to work quite
well, the authors invariably state that it virtually doubles the load on the
machine, which at least
sounds logical since you are effectively running two operating systems at
once. If one doesn't
mind stuff taking forever to happen then its not a problem .... however I
don't know that emulators
are necessarily the solution for constant use ...... occasional
experimenting / development work
is another issue entirely of course