Date:      Thu, 7 May 1998 10:28:22 -0400
From:      "Gordon McConarty" <gordonm@zoomtel.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ftpd daemon

From: Gordon McConarty <gordonm@zoomtel.com>
Date: Friday, April 17, 1998 5:03 PM

Hello.
I seem to have an issue with FreeBSD 2.2.6 which I have on CD Roms.
When installing and setting up this version I am asked if I want to make the
machine a FTP Server where I answer YES and then leave the next screen at
the defaults.

The ftpd daemon never loads upon restart.
I check the /etc/rc.conf file and ftpd is not listed.

This option, when using FreeBSD v.2.2.5, worked fine.

Is this something I am doing wrong or is this a reported issue.

Thanks for any help.