Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:10:20 -0400
From:      "Anandha Ponnampalam" <ponnamp@tradeit.com>
To:        "Jonathon Doran" <doranj@Colorado.EDU>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: hard disk Corrupted?

does fsck also check for bad sectors?

. -----Original Message-----
. From: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
. [mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG]On Behalf Of Jonathon Doran
. Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 1999 4:03 PM
. To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
.
. > I just installed version 3.1 . It is running fine.
. > I had a problem with the no break connected to that machine and
. the machine
. > wents down when the energy fail. The system restarted without
. trouble and I
. > run a FSCK
.
. > ***** PLEASE RERUN FSCK *****
. > ** /dev/rwd0s1e
. > ** Last Mounted on /var
. > ** Phase 1 - Check Blocks and Sizes
. > ** Phase 2 - Check Pathnames
. > ** Phase 3 - Check Connectivity
. > ** Phase 4 - Check Reference Counts
. > ** Phase 5 - Check Cyl groups
. > 381 files, 3211 used, 26540 free (52 frags, 3311 blocks, 0.2%
. fragmentation)
. >
. > ***** FILE SYSTEM STILL DIRTY *****
.
. <snip>
.
. This probably isn't too bad.  Anytime the system goes down
. without a proper
. unmount, you run the risk of having inconsistent file system info.  What
. you need to do is to boot the machine and unmount these filesystems.  Then
. run fsck against the raw device (/dev/rwd0s1e).  You may want to boot
. in single user mode (boot -s at the prompt), when doing this.
.
. Jon Doran
.
.
. with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
.