Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:26:43 -0600
From:      "Justin W. Pauler" <jwpauler@jwpages.com>
To:        "Nevermind" <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
Cc:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <afu@webcraft99.com>
Subject:   Re: Networking Errors

I just upgraded my system to 4.1.1-RELEASE and had a problem with lo0 too.
Try the following first and see if it fixes your problem:

    ifconfig lo0 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0

If it does, make sure that you put it in your rc.conf as:

    ifconfig_lo0="inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0"

After I rebuilt my rc.conf it seems I had left them out and it caused some
pretty drastic results. My ping times for localhost went up into the hundres
of miliseconds and named locally refused to respond as well as other
programs local to the machine went wacky.

-jwp

Justin W. Pauler (drnet)
E-Mail: jwpauler@jwpages.com
ICQ: 95989631