Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:19:30 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: Tiny starter configuration for FreeBSD

Ted writes:

> If you think the Windows UI is so superior
> to the "UNIX UI" then you can put it on UNIX
> if you want.

Why?  I don't want a Windows UI on my UNIX machine.  If I did ... I'd be running
Windows on the machine.

Why must people become so emotionally attached to an operating system?  I can
use UNIX one minute, and Windows the next, and a Mac or MVS or whatever the
next.  Every OS has its strengths and weaknesses.  Anyone who thinks that a
single OS will do it all, or that a single OS is superior to all others, is
dreaming.

> If you want the GUI available and gorgeous to a
> hundred users then you need 100 screens, right?

And a hundred machines behind them, because all that graphic content requires
processing power.

> It's a bit like Windows Terminal Server ...

That's a scary thought.