Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 2003 10:29:25 -0500
From:      "Justin P. Michel" <jpmichel@jcontinuum.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   LED Mouse Flashing

Greetings,

I'm running FreeBSD V4.7.p4, with a Logitech LED Mouse.  The mouse is being
detected in the dmesg output as an Intellimouse Device 4.  When this
happens, it starts flashing (the mouse LED itself), the keyboard (ie. I can
still type, but the letters come up slowly), and the mouse does not work
(either trying to run moused, or starting X).

As well, after this happens, when I restart the system, I have to unplug the
mouse, or I get an error about my keyboard not being plugged in.

I've tried putting "flags 0x100" on the psm line in the kernel, and I've
tried removing the "flags 0x1" from the keyboard device, both with no
change.

At one point, before I made the changes, the mouse was detected as a type
"Generic Device 0".  When this happened, the system worked perfectly.

Now, my question:  Is there a way to specify to the kernel that I want it to
use the generic driver for the mouse, and not the Intellimouse?  As well,
where (if any place) can I specify the device type to be 0, and not 4?

Regards,

Justin P. Michel
|- J Continuum
|- 21071 - 640 River Street