Date:      Thu, 22 May 2003 21:02:39 -0700
From:      "jason watkins" <jason_watkins@pobox.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   issue with ports

my ports database seems to have become broken. I'm running -stable, but
haven't rebuilt the system in a year or so (I know, security vulerabilities,
but the box has been shelved in this time).

anyhow, at this point, I can't do even a make clean in ports, or build
portupgrade. I fetched portupgrade with pkg_add hoping that running pkgdb -F
would sort things out, but it errors with:

** Error occured reading /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:
        undefined method `+' for nil

next steps?

jason watkins