Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:18:59 -0300
From:      "Ronan Lucio" <ronan@melim.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "Lowell Gilbert" <lowell@world.std.com>
Subject:   Re: DB Authentication

Hello Lowell,

I want to make the server services like ftp, smtp, pop3 and radius
authenticate with postgres instead of passwd file.

I need to do this to create new options like, the user maintain his
own account by himself, and I´ve been some tests with passwd file,
but the passwd file have corrupted some times with simultaneous
access.

I looking for the easier (faster) way to get it and I should to know
if I must use pam.pgsql ou pam.ldap.

I´ve seem many people saing that ldap is hard to make it work, but
I don´t know if I use pam.pgsql I´ll do all servirces authenticate.

[]´s
Ronan