Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:39:37 -0600
From:      "Peter Lenhart" <spam@buildtechnologies.com>
To:        <freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: AMD760MPX and FreeBSD SMP?

I don't know which way he meant it, but the older XP's (1600's) ran just
fine dual in the tiger tyan board we have.  I tried the newer ones (2000's)
but the board won't even post.  I am guessing AMD has disabled this ability
in later processors.

Of course you would normally want to run the MP's for a number of reasons.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Build Technologies, L.L.C.
"Hassle-Free Data Center Solutions(tm)"