Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:59:35 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jesper_Blomstr=F6m?= <jeppe@partitur.se>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   XFree86 -configure/Error

Hi there!

I have recently installed FreeBSD but I didn=B4t install X from start, =
that=B4s because
I wanted to install v.4 and not the older version which was shipped with =
the CD (FreeBSD 4.3).

Anyway, I tried to do the "XFree86 -configure"-command and this is
what I get:

[SNIP]
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
        S3VProbe begin
(II) Loading sub module "cirrus_laguna"
(II) LoadModule: "cirrus_laguna"
(II) Loading
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/cirrus_laguna.o
(II) Module cirrus_laguna: vendor=3D"The XFree86 Project"
        compiled for 4.1.0, module version =3D 1.0.0
        ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.4
(II) Loading sub module "cirrus_alpine"
(II) LoadModule: "cirrus_alpine"
(II) Loading
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/cirrus_alpine.o
(II) Module cirrus_alpine: vendor=3D"The XFree86 Project"
        compiled for 4.1.0, module version =3D 1.0.0
        ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.4
(--) VMware Guest X Server 10.4.0 - build=3D
(II) ATI:  Shared non-ATI VGA in PCI/AGP slot 1:0:0
detected.
CYRIX: Device Sections found: 1

Fatal server error:

XFree86 has found a valid card configuration.
Unfortunately the appropriate data has not been added to
xf86PciInfo.h.
Please forward 'scanpci -v' output to XFree86 support
team.

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please
send
the full server output, not just the last messages.
This can be found in the log file "temp.log2".
Please report problems to xfree86@xfree86.org.
[SNIP]

My Video-Card is a Hercules-card:
64M 3D Prophet Kyro2-chipset

Shall I give up on installing X with my Video-Card or do you think there =
is a sollution?

Thx in advance!

/ Jeppe

                                                                         =