Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:02:44 +0100
From:      "Colin J. Raven" <duiker@haggis.nl>
To:        "BSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freeBSD.org>
Subject:   Customizing /etc/motd

Greetings all!
I'd like to tweak /etc/motd to give ssh users a personalized login text.

Perhaps something like;

FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #0: Sun Feb  9 19:32:05 CET 2003 (This already exists
of course)

{username}, Welcome to FreeBSD!
Blah Blah Blah

I notice that "last login" is the first line in this file,=20
<snip>
Last login: Thu Feb 13 13:55:22 2003 from 131gorio.dsl.provider-name
</snip>
yet examining the file itself doesn't show how this is achieved (if it
did, then I would play with it and try extending the functionality)

Can anyone suggest how the above could be accomplished?=20
I'm no shellscripting guru, so it needs to be *reasonably* simple :-)=20

Regards & TIA,
-Colin