Date:      Wed, 2 Sep 1998 19:59:01 +0100
From:      Ian Vaudrey <i.vaudrey@bigfoot.com>
To:        "'Stefan Bethke'" <stefan.bethke@hanse.de>
Cc:        "'freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'jfitz@FreeBSD.ORG'" <jfitz@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ports/mail/cyrus

Please think hard before committing. This patch breaks RFC822
compliance and is in any case no longer needed for the current
version of Cyrus.

>From http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/cyrus/imapd/changes.html :
"Cyrus no longer rejects messages with 8-bit characters in the headers.
Rather than reject the message, characters with the 8th bit set are
changed to 'X'. Internationalization in headers is supported by the
mechanism specified in RFC 2047 (and RFC 1342)."

PR7789 has been submitted by Hans Huebner to bring the Cyrus
port up to date. I hope it will be reviewed and committed soon, as
Cyrus is an important piece of software.

 - Ian