Date:      Fri, 27 Jun 1997 01:26:27 -0400
From:      Brian Neal <brian@volusianet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   "Waiting for SCSI devices to settle" on AHA-2940UW

Hello,

I have an aha-2940UW with two scsi hard disks on it (IBM and Seagate).  I'm
using
2.2.6-RELEASE, and it hangs at boot while waiting for the devices to
settle.  After
a bit of waiting, it complains that the controller is not responding.  Is
there something
in particular I need to do to get this controller to work properly?

Thanks in Advance,

Brian

Brian Neal

"Given the choice between accomplishing something and just lying
around, I'd rather lie around.  No contest."
                -- Eric Clapton

Naeser's Law:
        You can make it foolproof, but you can't make it damnfoolproof.