Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2001 19:21:07 -0600
From:      "Jason Halbert" <jason@jason-n3xt.org>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Forrest Aldrich" <forrie@forrie.com>
Subject:   Re: ADSL with Verizon

I was pretty sure there was a difference between using a RFC1483 and PPP.
The PPP required some sort of login or authorization to get the connection
where as with RFC1483 it's just like being on one huge WAN.

AT&T doesn't require any sort of login or authorization to get connected
and I didn't require such with Verizon.  I didn't have to install any kind
of software for either.  With AT&T you get software you can install for
router configuration and management and SNMP.

----
Jason