Date:      28 Mar 2002 12:16:05 +0200
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/Mk bsd.port.mk

--=-kHodRkEA5XYBl3tzpLpi

On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 11:58, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> sobomax     2002/03/28 01:58:08 PST
>=20
>   Modified files:
>     Mk                   bsd.port.mk=20
>   Log:
>   The second, and I hope the last, revision of speedup patch - make USE_S=
UBMAKE
>   working as advertised. This should fix mod_phpX and probably some other=
 30
>   ports that use USE_SUBMAKE. Default behaviour remains exactly the same.

The whole affair (the problem spotted by knu and this one) showed that
bento testing, is important, but should not be used as a substitute for
ordinary peer review and testing, because bento's bsd.port.mk usage
pattern is quite poor.  Unfortunately, I suspect that even though my
patch was available for more that two weeks but only few individuals
actually gave it a try. That's the real problem, which needs to be
addressed somehow.

-Maxim

--=-kHodRkEA5XYBl3tzpLpi

--=-kHodRkEA5XYBl3tzpLpi--