Date:      14 May 2002 21:59:53 +0100
From:      "S. Roberts" <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: man page for xntpd?

--=-f9ZO08gOluS9hEW3VHuE

Hi Jonathan,
   Thanks for the reply, and for the pointer. I've been to ntp.org's
site, read what's there (for my circumstances) and I'm grateful for the
information that's available there.

However, there's no reference to (not that was blantantly obvious to me)
xntpd. I'll keep looking, though, thanks all the same.

Stacey

On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 20:59, Jonathan Chen wrote:
> On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 08:49:54PM +0100, S. Roberts wrote:
> > Hello,
> >      In reading about various methods of time syncronization for
> > FreeBSD, I've come across many references to using xntpd in cases where
> > there is likely to be extended periods of uptime and Internet
> > connectivity.
> >=20
> > However, I can't seem to find much information on xntpd itself. Could
> > someone provide pointers (faq's, documentation, how-to's) to where I
> > might find out more about this, please?
>=20
> man ntpd(8), as well as http://www.ntp.org/ are good places to start.
> --=20
> Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
--=20
Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
Network Systems Engineer

--=-f9ZO08gOluS9hEW3VHuE

--=-f9ZO08gOluS9hEW3VHuE--