Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:07:56 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   SQL Navigator for PostgreSQL?

[Replies in private only, see below].

Hi folks,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of a visual SQL
navigator for PostgreSQL.  I'm looking for something that'll allow me to

1 ) Use a GUI to easily inspect table structures (and possibly
    contents).

2) Use a GUI to construct tables from scratch.

3) Use a GUI to modify existing tables structures, constraints and
   indeces.

I got pretty hooked on TOAD (Windows SQL navigator for Oracle) when I
worked at UUNET and am finding it painful to work without one now.  So
much so, that I'd even use a Windows SQL navigator for PostgreSQL if one
existed, and pay for it!

If you have a recommendation that's not in the ports tree, please point
me at it.  I may even whack up a port for you. ;-)

To prevent a "my package is better than your package" war, I urge any
respondants to reply to me only, not the list.  If I get feedback, I'll
post follow-up on the same Subject line.

Thanks,
Sheldon.