Date:      Sat, 17 May 2003 07:24:52 -0400
From:      Trish <failte@sentex.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   To freeBSD or not freeBSD

Hello freebsd-newbies,

  I'm wondering why you picked freeBSD over other distros.  I'm
  getting ready to build my first Linux box and I admit, I have not fully
  researched all the options yet, but am looking at freeBSD on the
  recommendation of, well, my son.  I take him seriously as he is
  already running linux (though not freeBSD as yet - that's his and
  my upcoming project), he and his friends are no slouches at this stuff, typical techie teenagers, and have the time to
  do such things.  I have less.  However, I'm interested in what the
  actual user community has to say.

  I get the impression there is significant support available, apps and drivers are available and configurable
  and it's not a nightmare to run.  But that's just an impression and
  I haven't compared it enough with anything else.

  So if anyone cares to venture a point of view, I'd be interested to
  hear it.  Thanks! :)

--
 Trish                          mailto:failte@sentex.net