Date:      22 Nov 2002 12:15:50 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        bmah@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        re@FreeBSD.org, FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Making GNOME 2 the default for 5.0-RELEASE

--=-sDEKxFV6q2e1F5+KxH53

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 11:37, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> If memory serves me right, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>=20
> Only questions I can think of are:  1) Do you guys have any ideas as to
> what the disk space requirements might be for GNOME 2 vs. GNOME?=20

I don't have all the GNOME 1 packages in one place at the moment, but
GNOME 2 takes approximately 68 MB of space (for .tgz packages).  This
might actually shrink as I want to trim the desktop meta-port a bit.  I
don't think there will be that much difference in overall space.

>  2) If
> you're talking about making GNOME 2 the default, then all of the build=20
> issues on CURRENT are fixed (at least for the moment), right?

Correct.

Since I'm not a src committer, I imagine I would need either sobomax or
someone from re to make the necessary sysinstall and
print-cdrom-packages.sh changes.  Thanks.

Joe

--=20
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus@FreeBSD.org