Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:12:47 +0800 (MYT)
From:      "Nawfal bin Mohmad Rouyan" <nawfal@mmu.edu.my>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gnome 2.3

Hi All,

I managed to install Gnome 2.4 beta 1 using Marcus tree. I have
several problems and since I'm new to Gnome, I would like to ask
several questions.

Firstly, I'm using FreeBSD 4-STABLE. Below is the output of my uname
-a.

FreeBSD nawfal.cyber.mmu.edu.my 4.8-STABLE FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #7:
Wed Aug 13 17:25:05 MYT 2003
opal@nawfal.cyber.mmu.edu.my:/usr/src/sys/compile/NAWFAL  i386

The problem is with application such as evolution. After I compile
and install it, the binary still points to the old libraries (Gnome
2.2) although the libraries does not exist in my system.

How do I point it to the new library. Is it have something to do
with my pkgconfig? And it seems that gdm does not allow any users to
login. I get this error everytime I tried to login using gdm.

gdm_slave_session_start: Execution of PostLogin script returned > 0.
Aborting.

Please mail me if you need any log file or configuration file that
might help in troubleshooting.

Thank you.

--
Nawfal bin Mohmad Rouyan