Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:12:02 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: marcusmerge help doc

--=-h8AdiwFrKt+CIg3Mz/NL

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 14:34, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:13:51 -0700 (PDT), Steve Wingate=20
> <s.wingate@pobox.com> wrote:
>=20
> > On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> >
> >> Anyone want to contribute a help doc on using marcusmerge?  With GNOME
> >> 2.5 around the corner, it might help to have a formalized document
> >> available so people don't have to go reading the script comments.
> >> Thanks.
> >
> > I'll give it a shot. I've not done much so don't expect anything soon. =
If
> > anyone else wants to start don't let me stop you. I might get distracte=
> > anyway.
>=20
> Here what I have gotten so far, I still need the help. It's my first time=
=20
> to write the man page and I am not skill on write, so at the moment it's=20
> just a text file. After finish it, I will convert it to the man page=20
> format. However, someone need to fix the grammar and fill out what I left=
=20
> it empty and not explain clear. Also, someone is welcome to convert it to=
=20
> man page format before I :-)

Manpage format can be a pain, but it's not too bad.  You can use an
existing page as an example.

Looks good so far.  You may also want to mention the marcusmerge.cfg
file.  And you should credit yourself under the AUTHORS section like:

This manual page written by me, Joe Blow, John Doe, etc.

Also, don't forget to credit Martin and Franz as co-authors.

Joe

>=20
> Cheers,
> Mezz
>=20
> > |Steve Wingate		<s_dot_wingate@pobox.com>
> > |MCSE, CCNA		Sat Oct 25 17:10:00 PDT 2003
> > |FreeBSD 4.9-PRERELEASE
> > | 5:10PM  up 22:44, 0 users, load averages: 0.16, 0.03, 0.01
--=20

--=-h8AdiwFrKt+CIg3Mz/NL

--=-h8AdiwFrKt+CIg3Mz/NL--