Date:      Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:34:09 -0600
From:      pixfbsd <pixfbsd@earthlink.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   printer job date change

I have FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT.

/etc/printcap
hp2200:\
        :sh:\
        :rm=hp2200:\
        :sd=/var/spool/output/lpd/hp2200:\
        :mx#0:\
        :if=/usr/local/libexec/hpif2:\
        :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

/usr/local/libexec/hpif
#!/bin/sh
#
# hpif - Simple text input filter for lpd for HP-PCL based printers
# Installed in /usr/local/libexec/hpif
#
# Simply copies stdin to stdout.  Ignores all filter arguments.
# Tells printer to treat LF as CR+LF.  Ejects the page when done.

printf "\033&k2G" && cat && printf "\033&l0H" && exit 0
exit 2

In the dfA009exampleFile in /var/spool/output/lpd/hp2200 there is the
value @PJL SET DATE=31-12-2003.  I want to create a filter that will
change that value to the year 2000.

Why?  If you recall HP has date information in their printer cartridges,
that after a certain date the cartridge becomes "expired".  Although you
have plenty of ink or a cartridge that has been on the shelf for along
time.

If I manually vi the file I can print, therefore I was trying to find a
filter that would send the PJL command to set the date to a default
01-12-2000 all the time.

Has someone already completed such a thing?