Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:46:10 +0100
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: obexapp-1.4

--=-F0hVVwTnspcwGGPQ+ubS

Maksim Yevmenkin p=C3=AD=C5=A1e v =C4=8Dt 09. 12. 2004 v 15:53 -0800:

> > obex> get Soul.mp3 Soul.mp3
> > Success, response: OK, Success (0x20)
> >=20
> > obex> get Wazzup.mp3
> > Failure, response: Unautorized (0x41)
> >=20
> > When I write get with single argument, could obexapp assume it as both
> > remote and local filename?
>=20
> well, it could. right now i opted for non-intuitive version :) that is=20
> 'get foo' means get default vcard object and save it locally as foo :)=20
> funky, huh? :)
>=20
> i do not like it myself, and i'm not sure how often one wants to pull=20
> default vcard object. i like your idea better, i.e. 'get foo' should=20
> mean 'get foo foo'. perhaps adding another command to get default object=20
> would be better?

Exactly. I see you already implemented this, I will test 1.4.1 in the
evening (I have my bluetooth dongle at home).

-------------+
> > | obex> get Soul.mp3 Soul.mp3                                          =
                                                                           =
                                                  Success, response: OK, Su=
ccess (0x20) |
> > | obex> get Wazzup.mp3
> > | Failure, response: Unautorized (0x41)
> > +-------------------------------------
> >=20
> > Should there be so many spaces and shouldn't there be line break before
> > "Success" ?
>=20
> i'm not really sure what do you mean. could you please provide a sample=20
> of what you would like output to be?

Well, I would expect it to print Success on the new line, not on the
same line as get Soul.mp3 Soul.mp3 with 200 spaces inbetween.

> > What about autocompletion, like in shell?
>=20
> autocompletion for the remote filenames would be tricky to do. directory=20
> listing is required for that. not all devices support 'ls' command.

Perhaps it could try to do 'ls' on first 'tab' keypress, as lftp does
it. I understand this would be a lot of work, probably.

> > What about unicode characters? My cell phones have czech localisation
> > and name of directories visible over OBEX are with czech characters,
> > coded in Unicode. Accessible for me with obexapp but in latin2 charset:
> >=20
> > obex> ls
> > Access    Owner    Group    Size       Modified         Name
> >           n/a      n/a      n/a        n/a              Obr=C3=83=C2=A1=
zky/
> >           n/a      n/a      n/a        n/a              Zvuky/
> >           n/a      n/a      n/a        n/a              Sch=C3=83=C2=A9=
mata/
> >           n/a      n/a      n/a        n/a              Videosoubory/
> >           n/a      n/a      n/a        n/a              Jin=C3=83=C2=A9=
/
> > Success, response: OK, Success (0x20)
> > obex> cd Jin=C3=83=C2=A9
> > Failure, response: Not found (0x44)
> > obex> cd Jin=C3=A9
> > Success, response: OK, Success (0x20)
>=20
> well, directory listing is a xml document. i just get it and parse/print=20
> it with bsdxml(3). does your phone sets xml charset? (hint: use hcidump=20
> to actually see xml :)

> unicode input is a completely different beast. you actually have to=20
> switch your console to unicode.

What's interesting is that listing is printed in Unicode, but 'cd'
command reacted on 'iso-8859-2' encoded name, but not on Unicode encoded
name.

I will check with hcidump in the evening.

> > It wanted to pair my cell phone on connect, obexapp-1.3 does not wanted
> > to pair.
>=20
> obexapp does not care about piring. if you want to authenticate incoming=20
> connection on freebsd you have to use hccontrol(8). right now there is=20
> no way to turn authentication on individual connections. its all or none.

It's more about that phone suddenly wanted to pair with my computer.
With obexapp-1.3, it just allowed computer to connect, but did not
allowed to browse any directories, only to upload files into root.
With obexapp-1.4, it want to pair, otherwise it drop the connection, but
now it allows browsing subdirectories and getting files from/to them.

I'm not sure if I dislike the new way, I'm just reporting difference.

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

On real UNIX, /usr/bin/more prints -More-.

--=-F0hVVwTnspcwGGPQ+ubS
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?iso-8859-2?Q?_=E8=E1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-F0hVVwTnspcwGGPQ+ubS--