Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 22:26:48 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Creative Labs PC-DVD Encore 5X and FreeBSD

This is Creative's latest DVD product, basically an ATAPI DVD drive
and a controller card with video pass-through which does the MPEG
decoding in hardware.  It is support for this card which we need if
we're going to be able to watch DVD movies in an X Window (naturally
an issue of CRITICAL IMPORTANCE to all of us! :-) and if anyone would
be interested in working on this, let me know and I'll make sure that
the appropriate box of hardware goes sailing through your living room
window just behind the attached brick. :-)

Isn't it time for another one of Amancio's Holy Quests in any case? :)

- Jordan