Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 2008 20:49:34 -0400
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   amd64 version of Opera

--=-274nD4yKKMeqkdXUeMkJ

Someone (cough Dan cough) noticed me saying on IRC one of the things I
missed after shifting my home machine from i386 to amd64 was Opera.  He
pointed me at this:

 http://snapshot.opera.com/unix/snapshot-1834/amd64-freebsd/

which it turned out was very simple to install (I needed to build
x11-toolkits/qt33, and just ran the install.sh that was packaged in the
Opera download).

He suggested I send this to see if someone familiar with the Opera ports
would be interested in packaging this up into a real port.  That URL is
pretty hard to find.  I had tried checking Opera's site with firefox
when I initially got the amd64 machine running but I took their
short-cut to look for an Opera version to download on their homepage
which mistakenly took me to the i386 version for FreeBSD.  I didn't dig
any farther than that until Dan gave me the URL above.

Thanks.

--=20
                                                Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu