Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:02:36 +0900
From:      Lachlan Michael <lachlan@lkla.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot auto-mount digital camera

--=-jHLIPWHGmyFzjxtTCIrp

On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 20:16 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> The camera may be getting unique handling.  Gvfs is built with gphoto2
> support by default.  When that is enabled, certain cameras will be
> available to gphoto, but perhaps not mountable.  Try rebuilding gvfs
> without gphoto support, and see if that helps.

It didn't help ... the same result. (I also rebuilt all ports depending
of gvfs)=20

In the halfaq it states

> Understand that having hal alone does not mean media will get=20
> automatically mounted. Hal simply serves as a broker for requests to=20
> mount certain devices. Some other software needs to make this
> request.  As of GNOME 2.22, this is Nautilus.=20

Since there is no problem with manual mounting or FreeBSD "seeing" the
devices, I guess the problem is with Nautilus.=20

Is there some other debug output I can look at see what is going wrong?
(Nautilus options or something?) Could this be a symptom of
gnome-volume-manager trying to mount the camera instead of nautilus?

I also collected all the information again in case there is some
difference in the output. Please see

http://lachlan.lkla.org/tmp/Camera_2.22_Try2/

for details.

--=-jHLIPWHGmyFzjxtTCIrp