Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 2009 22:58:05 -0500
From:      Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mattia Rossi <mrossi@swin.edu.au>
Cc:        Michiel Boland <michiel@boland.org>, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: still problems with intel video

--=-POUQPErwlrntyJBebe19

On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 14:11 +1100, Mattia Rossi wrote:
> Robert Noland wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 13:10 +0100, Michiel Boland wrote:
> >  =20
> >> Hi. I still have problems with a very slow display after logging out o=
f an X=20
> >> session and/or switching VTYs. The problem goes away if I add=20
> >> hw.pci.enable_msi=3D0 to /boot/loader.conf.
> >>
> >> Last csupped Mar 26 09:49 CET.
> >>
> >> System is Dell optiplex 745. Has built-in Intel Graphics Media Acceler=
ator 950

> >> Anything I can do to help solve this problem?
> >>    =20
> >
> > I'm going to try and work on getting better debugging info from the
> > intel driver.  I don't have access to any newer Intel hardware at the
> > moment, so testing is tricky.
> >
> > There is a tuneable for just msi on drm hw.drm.msi.
> >
> > robert.
> >
> >  =20
> Yep, correct - here it is again - just had to log out of KDE, and after=20
> logging in again, everything was slow as hell.
> I didn't fiddle with the msi settings, just rebooted the machine, and=20
> everything is fine again.
> So there must be something that works the first time X is started, but=20
> upon restart stuffs up. Like some lock or reference which is not freed.

There is a problem with restarting X on at least some Intel chips...
This is a different issue, I was trying to look into that a little bit
yesterday, but it kinda works on this 915 that I have, so I haven't
isolated what is getting messed up.  Again, vt switch, suspend/resume
are in the same ballpark, restart is not.

robert.

> Mat
org"
> >>    =20