Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:33:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri <wearabnet@yahoo.ca>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCC and FreeBSD in the future?

 Hello,=0A=0A=0A=0AI just read this  In this interview, Theo de Raadt and O=
tto Moerbeek of the OpenBSD Project offer more information about PCC and GC=
C and where they are headed within the project.http://www.thejemreport.com/=
mambo/content/view/369/=0A=0A=0A=0AI need to quote these lines and ask how =
far is this true for FreeBSD, and since I read Robert Watson about the coun=
tibutes we have as GPL, and FreeBSD would like to replace it with non GPL l=
icense.=0A=0A=0A=0A"What other hurdles remain in replacing GPL-licensed pro=
grams in OpenBSD?=0ATdR: But that's never really been the agenda, see. Some=
 people think we hate GNU code. But the thing is we hate large code, and bu=
ggy code that upstream does not maintain. That's the real problem... gcc ge=
ts about 5-6% slower every release, has new bugs, generates crappy code, an=
d drives us nuts. This is just an attempt to see if something better can sh=
ow up."=0A=0A =0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A---  =0A=0ARegards,  =0A=0A-Abdullah Ibn Ha=
mad Al-Marri =0A=0AArab Portal =0A=0Ahttp://www.WeArab.Net/=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=
=0ATired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around =0Ahttp:=
//mail.yahoo.com