Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2013 20:46:33 +0200
From:      Harm Weites <harm@vevida.nl>
To:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TP-Link 1043ND - its tme :)

Hi,

For what its worth, this is my setup. I'm running 2 of the TP Link units
configured as Quagga routers, though the kernel is already running
behind quite a bit:

FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #5 r249821M

Mem: 10M Active, 2368K Inact, 11M Wired, 916K Cache, 1504K Buf, 1340K
Free (yes, I also installed top)

Processes:
- dropbear
- dhcprelya
- ospfd
- zebra
- ospf6d
- hostapd
- dhclient

The other unit is running bgpd (which is a massive binary) instead of
hostapd. I'm not using USB on either one them and I've removed several
of the binaries from the rootfs created by Adrian's scripts. I also left
out newfs stuff and the ability to do nfs mounts.

Make sure you have MALLOC_PRODUCTION=YES in make.conf and configure
bin/build_freebsd to use it:
 __MAKE_CONF=/etc/tplinkmake.conf SRCCONF=/dev/null

Some changes to the TP-Link kernel config (sys/mips/conf/TP-WN1043ND):

+options	NBUF=128
+nooptions	INVARIANTS
+nooptions	INVARIANT_SUPPORT
+nooptions	WITNESS