Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:44:38 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        jos@catnook.com, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Timedout SCB already complete. Interrupts may not be functioning."

> I just replaced an Adaptec 19160 (which has been working fine for years in
> this setup) with a 39160, and added a extra disk to the B channel on the
> 39160. The 39160 has the latest BIOS revision, 3.10.0, and is left at its
> default settings.
>
> With an August 24th kernel I am now seeing these:
>
> Sep 11 09:28:13 lizzy kernel: ahc1: Timedout SCB already complete. Interrupts
> may not be functioning.

You try to print out a diagnostic that says exactly what is going wrong,
but people ignore it anyway... <sigh>

Interrupts are not being routed correctly to the second funcion of
your SCSI controller.  The A channel works - this is exactly the same
INT line that your 19160 used.  The gods of interrupt routing may
be able to tell you why the code is not handling this properly, but
suffice to say, interrupts are not working!

--
Justin