Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2013 16:23:44 +0000
From:      "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>
To:        Bernt Hansson <bah@bananmonarki.se>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>
Subject:   RE: jail and networking

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, Bernt Hansson wrote:

> Hello list!
>=20
> I dont seem to get net working in a test jail.
>=20
> These I've tried;
>=20
> ftp, fetch, telnet
>=20
> They time out.
>=20
> Ssh sort of work.
>=20
> 32bit# ssh 10.0.0.3
> ssh_askpass: exec(/usr/local/bin/ssh-askpass): No such file or directory
> Host key verification failed.
>=20
> jail is 8.3-STABLE i386 GENERIC
>=20
> host is FreeBSD 8.3-STABLE amd64 GENERIC
>=20
> I'm sure you want more info so just tell me what info.

Commonly the problem is that you are "jexec'd" into the jail and I find tha=
t tools like ssh, ftp, telnet, etc. don't work when you're in the jail via =
"jexec" but instead what works way better is if you ssh into the jail (via =
the jail'd ssh process of course).

Does that seem to be the case in your situation?
--=20
Devin

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
 that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.