Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 1999 22:07:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ahc problems (with vinum?)

Several times, on a system I've been configuring and testing, I've got
some maddening ahc0 messages.  In general, they complain of a timeout
on the bus (I think some packet got lost)... and x SCBs are aborted.

At this point, some portion of the SCSI bus is unusable... and the
machine eventually hangs due to this.  It does claim that it's
resetting channel A of the ahc0 controller, but I gather it doesn't do
any good.

I'm running 3.3-STABLE (as of thursday, I think) and am trying to
format and test an 8-drive vinum RAID-5 array.

Dave.