Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:43:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
To:        <jim@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/19304: gimp fails to build glib and gdk dependencies

>>>>> "j" == jim  <jim@FreeBSD.org> writes:

j> Synopsis: gimp fails to build glib and gdk dependencies
j> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
j> State-Changed-By: jim
j> State-Changed-When: Thu Jul 13 12:33:38 PDT 2000
j> State-Changed-Why:
j> I can't replicate this with the latest gimp1 port (updated since you filed
j> the PR).  Please cvsup your ports tree and try it again.

j> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=19304

It turns out that GIMP wanted glib 1.2.8, but I had glib 1.2.6
installed.  The dependency found glib 1.2 and assumed it was good
enough.  However, gimp's configure fails to compile the test program
(that is supposed to check the glib version!) with glib 1.2.6.

Manually updating glib to 1.2.8 causes it to work.  The dependency
check is not strict enough it seems.