Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 2009 15:23:05 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Kai Mosebach <xen@komadev.de>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: finishing up the xen port - would funding help?

Hi,

i guess a lot of us feel the same (mainly sadness) about the progress here =
and a lot of us have to feed penguins meanwhile...

I personally think, that the virtualization technology in general is one of=
 the key technologies of tomorrow and therefore it makes me even more sad, =
that FreeBSD fell back that much these days (years!).

Therefore i ask myself whether this should be a major project in general an=
d maybe the best way to push it (along with all the administrative and long=
term problem) might be to get support from the FreeBSD Foundation, which su=
ccessfully enabled Java for BSD some months ago (another key technology as =
i think). Otherwise it is very unprobably (in my eyes) that the little daem=
on ever will be playing in the ongoing cloud game and everything behind, wh=
ich IS and WOULD BE a shame!

Maybe some of the core ppl can raise awareness here?

Best Kai