Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2017 15:08:33 +0100
From:      "Marin Bernard" <lists@olivarim.com>
To:        lists@olivarim.com, freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support for the enc(4) pseudo-interface

Sorry for the noise: the webmail ate my message. Here is the full version:

Hi all,

I set up IPsec between several FreeBSD 11-RELEASE hosts. IKEv2 is managed by=
=20
security/openiked.

I use pf to filter the traffic, and the rulesets include several references=
=20
to the enc0 pseudo-interface, which allow inbound traffic filtering=20
*after* IPsec decryption. So far, the whole configuration works fine.

I noticed that the enc0 pseudo-interface was not shown in the output of the=
=20
`ifconfig` command, whereas it is on OpenBSD. AFAIK, the GENERIC kernel=20
does not include the enc pseudo-device, since I could not fine a "device=20
enc" line in the kernel config file. The lack of such adevice would=20
explain why it is not manageable as a network interface, and why =A0
`ifconfig enc0 create` fails.

Yet, it appears that pf is able to handle references to enc(4) in its ruleset=
=20
even if the kernel does not support it. Is it expected behaviour? Is it=20
safe to use such a configuration on a production machine ?

Thanks,

Marin.

20 mars 2017 14:20 "Marin Bernard"  a =E9crit: