Date:      Sat, 22 Oct 2016 15:05:40 -0400
From:      "Mikhail T." <mi+thun@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: misc/jive deleted

On 22.10.2016 05:27, Mark Linimon wrote:
> disclaimer: I wasn't the person who made the decision.

You are too humble, Mark. Whoever actually did it, would not have gone
ahead if you objected.

> The "pro" removal points: some of these terms are no longer acceptable
> in polite society, and far cross the line from humor to offensive.
> If FreeBSD is trying to be more inclusive, having this around isn't
> the way.

That begs the question, does not it? Is FreeBSD "trying to be more
inclusive"? Is this -- being more inclusive (whatever that means) --
even a valid goal for a technical project? We aren't curing the world's
ills nor aiming for a "greater justice" here -- we are simply building
the best Operating System.

A long as a port keeps building/packaging, it should remain available.
Please, put it back if only to honor this sentiment:

    http://quoteinvestigator.com/2015/06/01/defend-say/

Thanks,

    -mi