Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 07:52:51 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How does FreeBSD make a difference in a government context ?

Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com> types:
> On Wednesday 19 September 2001 21:01, Matthew Graybosch wrote:
> > Sorry, I just got word from my boss that he INSISTED that I buy a
> > copy of Windows XP professional and use it on my home box instead
> > of FreeBSD. I'm still a little riled.
> Wow.  Anyone tried to tell me what I _had_ to run on my personal home PC
> and I think I'd laugh myself silly!  If I paid the $$ for the machine, it's running
> FreeBSD.

Yup. I had a client ask when I was going to join the 20th century so
he could send me MS proprietary cruft. I told him to send me a PC with
what he wanted me to have installed on it, and expect to pay for my
time moving things back and forth.

He started sending stuff in HTML.

	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.