Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:51:41 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1015203102.21e367@mired.org>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mplayer with svgalib?

Has anyone managed to get mplayer working with svgalib? How about
anything working with svgalib? It always seems to fail with "don't
have a graphics capable console and can't get one". I checked the FAQ,
and it doesn't work if I run the test utilities that the port doesn't
install, nor does it work if I run them as root with the console owned
by root.

I get the feeling there's a kernel option required for this that I've
not got set.

FWIW, mplayer works fine under X. But I need it for a system that I'd
rather not install X on...

	Thanx,
	<mike