Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:17:09 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        dochawk@psu.edu
Cc:        nate@yogotech.com (Nate Williams), freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: init 1 causes panic on A21p and A22m

> > > does it drop to ro mount, though?
>
> > Not going from multi-user to single-user.
>
> hmm, it does *something* :)

It kills off almost all of the running programs (except for init).

> > Are you running X which when killed may be causing this?
>
> I just tried it without X, and got the same thing.  It's a page read
> vailure in supervisor mode.

You may need to get a back-trace.  It sounds like you're get a NULL
pointer exception.  Can you try a minimal boot (no X, no other programs
runningg, etc..) and see if it's related to some program that's running.

This is happening on two different hardware boxes, right?  If it wasn't
happening on two different boxes, I would suspect a hardware issue.

Nate