Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:03:00 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kcilink.com>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: samba printing stopped after upgrade to 2.2.6

>> but I have not enabled CUPS in samba at all.  Does anyone know what I
>> need to do to migrate successfully from samba 2.2.5 to 2.2.6?  Here's
>> my config:

DN> When you did the install, you probably just skipped that options dialog
DN> that came up, right?  All the options on that page are "select to
DN> enable", except CUPS which is "select to _disable".  Rebuild samba, and
DN> select the "Without CUPS" line.  Quite annoying.  I work around it by
DN> adding WITHOUT_CUPS=yes in /etc/make.conf, and setting BATCH=yes in
DN> net/samba/Makefile.

CUPS is linked in both 2.2.5 and 2.2.6, but in 2.2.6 it seems to want
to actually *use* it even though I don't configure it.

Also, if I select the "Disable CUPS" flag, all it accomplishes is to
not register the dependency.  CUPS is still linked for some reason.

Does your smbd have cups linked (as reported by ldd)?

Thanks for the help, though.