Date:      Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:51:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        simokawa@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Excellent job on the firewire support!

Hi,

I just wanted to say that I used FreeBSD's firewire and sbp-II support
for the first time this weekend.  It seems to be fast (over 26MB/sec
writes, 34MB/sec reads to a LaCie 160GB drive), and robust.  It works
well on non-i386 platforms -- I'm using it to back up an amd64, and to
serve as a root device for a FreeBSD/powerpc  machine.

All in all, it totally exceeded my expectations.  Thank you very much|

Drew