Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 1997 23:21:36 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   /usr/src/etc/Makefile install rule.

Would anyone have any objections if this suddenly went from
being a no-op to installing:

	rc
	rc.firewall
	rc.network
	rc.serial
	rc.pccard
	etc.i386/rc.i386

Into /etc?

Only /etc/rc.conf and /etc/rc.local are supposed to be customized, so
that would make the other rc files "generic" enough to simply install
(and if one's not, we should fix that rather than not install it).

For rc.conf, we might also emit a little message at install time which
reminds those looking through the output to migrate their old rc.conf
by hand.  rc.local is just a skeleton and should never need updating -
it's purely a user configuration choice.

Comments?

					Jordan