Date:      Tue, 07 Apr 1998 17:18:44 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        ac199@hwcn.org
Cc:        Konstantin Chuguev <joy@urc.ac.ru>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pkg_add from FTP repositary

> Have you actually tried this?  pkg_add(1) is supposed to be able
> to automatically fetch dependencies over FTP based on the
> original URL you pass it.  I think you need to have all of the
> packages in the same directory, though.

Well, what it's supposed to do is take the URL apart and try
to figure out where its "brother" packages live.  If there's no
packages/All/ directory on the site in question, that might be
difficult.

To be honest, it's also been awhile since I've actually tested this
feature, but it *is* supposed to work. :-)

					Jordan