Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:20:05 +0200
From:      "Markus Hoenicka" <markus.hoenicka@mhoenicka.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: subnotebooks, once again

you@subluminal.net writes:

 > FreeBSD does not ship with an X server. You can download and install it with the ports (or packages) system, but that's the default one that the X.org project ships, it's not freebsd's.

I've installed FreeBSD on quite a few boxen, so I'm well aware of
ports and packages. I'll rephrase my question then: does the intel
driver which is currently available in the ports collection
(xf86-video-intel 2.7.1_3) support Intel's GMA 4500MHD? I'm quite
confused with Intel's chipset terminology and with the driver's man
page, so I'd appreciate if someone who happens to have said chip in
his notebook confirmed that it works.

thanks
Markus

--