Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 06:48:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        julian@freefall.cdrom.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: DIGIBOARD driver in ~julian

Julian Elischer writes:

> ok, got your attention..
> there is the source to the LINUX digiboard driver in ~julian on freefall.
> it can be gotten from ftp.digibd.com
> along with some (not many) docs
>
> someone just told me they were working on a digiboard driver
> bit didn't know about the linux driver..
> (one of our russian friends.. (was it andrew?)
> anyhow,
> hopefully the linux driver helps..

The Linux driver is copyleft and (allegedly) doesn't exploit all
of the features.  I'm real hesitant about looking at the Linux
driver until we're sure that no one is going to sign an NDA with
Digi and write a complete object-only driver.

In spite of the availability of a Linux driver Digi requires signing an
NDA to get access to the documentation for the intelligent boards.

Is anyone interested in a shareware object only driver?

Andrew was working on a Riscom driver.

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936