Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 1995 20:11:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
To:        nate@trout.sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        julian@ref.tfs.com, dgaudet@cs.ubc.ca, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [to Install people] Re: comments on an attempted install

> > > 1/	Bindist is FAR too big, and should be broken down to
> > > 	a Base, Net, Devel, and Extended set.
> > > 	I will say however that it's AMAZING how usable the system is
> > > 	after installing just the second floppy..
>
> > No plans presently.  Easy to do, but consensus on core against at last
> > poll.
>
> Huh?  I remember no such poll, and have constantly pushed for breaking
> it up.  The reason it never happened in the past was for technical
> reasons.  If those reasons no longer exist, *please* break the release
> into chunks.

Well, you need to pay more attention then.

Suggest you send us lists of filenames you want to more from bindist,
with an argument why, and why it will not be a problem for us to do so.

--
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk> -- TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
'All relevant people are pertinent' && 'All rude people are impertinent'