Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 1995 13:11:14 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian>
To:        hackers
Subject:   amazingly annoying

How come I have NEVER in hte year or so I've been on it,
NEVER found what I'm looking for on freefall.
I ALWAYS end up having to ftp to wcarchive as anon
and getting tons of stuff I don't want
just so I can look at the single file I want..

don't we keep the packages sources here SOMEWHERE?
and couldn't there be some sort of F*cking index on this system?
(or even a /packages or /ports-unpacked  symlink)..
ports is pretty much useless most of the time because they never ftp
the stuff over correctly especially if you're on thud
or freefall.

can't we keep these things unpacked and populated somewhere?

julian
(just wasted another 30 minutes doing 'find' on freefall AGAIN
geeze you'd think I'd have learned by now that there is nothing useful here)